Friday, October 11, 2013

#onebigtruth




I could say that I haven't had one big truth but along the way, especially in adulthood, I have small truths that have hit me and encouraged me at different times.  You know like Oprah says you have an "aha moment".  I really love when you are reading through your Bible and something you NEED to hear just jumps off of the page.

I am guilty of not always being so enthusiastic about reading my Bible or having a "quiet time".  But it seems like when I make the time to sit down, slow down, and really get quiet to hear God speak He never ceases to amaze me.  In this season of my life God has constantly reminded me that He is in control.  I'm not always cheerfully accepting of His plans over mine but I know His plans are far better for me.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  

This is one of those moments that I need to take a deep breath and exhale because I am what most would consider a Type A personality.  Driven, goal-oriented, a perfectionist, a control freak....and all of the other characteristics that keep my Things To Do list long and my brain on overload.  So to work so hard to at what I consider so important and plan things the way that I want them to go and then they go totally different has been a BIG lesson for me.  Not just a lesson in life but something for me to work through in my relationship with God.

It's in those moments when I have to accept and really embrace that I am lil' ol' me and He is the Creator of this world and omnicient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.  So why is a girl like me so stressed that my life looks so different than the one I had planned when I graduated from college.  How did this super ambitious, career girl become a stay-at-home wife and now mom?  I know that His plans are far better because I absolutely love staying home....and not just because I spend my day with this super active and adorable 15 month old.

The last 4 years of staying home have kept me at the foot of His throne because I was so far off of the path that I had laid out for me.  When life is going well it has been so much sweeter because I would have never planned it this way.  So whenever I hit a rough patch mentally and spiritually I tape Jeremiah 29:11 to my bathroom mirror to remind the girl I see in the mirror that He's got it!

  
post signature

1 comment:

Courtney DeFeo at Lil Light O' Mine said...

i so relate to your post. the before kids and after kids me is so different. i am so glad God is in control. thanks so much for linking up!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS