Sunday, July 13, 2008

Season 2

In the last post I ended at the end of his first season. When the season ended he decided to go home and visit his parents for 3 weeks and then he came to visit me in Kentucky for 3 weeks. At the end of his stay he asked me if I wanted to move with him, at the time we were already planning our wedding but it was still more than a year away. March 1st we returned to his apartment to start our lives in the same city for the first time ever. I finally started a new job just as he began offseason training. As the weeks went by he got stronger and bigger. He was so excited about the upcoming season, he had so much to prove to himself, the coaches, and the fans. The weeks went so quickly and before we knew it, it was time for him to move into the hotel and start training camp.

That Thursday before camp started he packed all of this things and he and I both back out of the driveway at the same time. He was headed to the team's hotel and I was headed to work. That evening I exhausted from the excitement and anticpation of camp starting...which meant the season was near. Finally it was Friday, the first day of camp. I was anxious to hear updates from him just to see how the practices were going. During my ride home from work I was telling my mom how happy I was that he was in camp because the anticipation was going to kill him. When I walked in the door I sat my phone down and immediately starting watching the 6 o'clock news just to see the sports segment.

After the news went off I picked up my phone to call his mom and saw that I missed a text message. I checked the text there it read "I hurt my knee in practice, don't worry I'm on my way to the hospital to get a MRI." I sat there in disbelief, mad that he didn't call and frustrated that there was nothing that I could do. When I called him back he was already in the hospital and about to go in for the MRI. I grilled him like a witness. I wanted to know how it felt, what happened, and who hit him. Once he finished his MRI he called and told me that he wouldn't get the results until the next day.

Saturday around noon he called and told me that he had torn his menicus. So of course I had no clue what that meant. Surgery was already scheduled for Sunday morning at 10. This was the end of his 2007 season. Never in a million years did I ever dream that he would get hurt...he had never been hurt. So now after of months of rehab and now we're married he's ready, and so am I, for the 2008 season. Watching him stand on the sidelines with crutches this season wasn't much fun for me, but it has made me appreciate his opportunity even more. There are so many guys out there that never get the chance and I realize that he is blessed to even be here. So he leaves for camp in exactly one week and four days. I hope that you will join me in this journey that I call His Dream and My Reality!

No comments: