Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - Refresh and Refocus

I can't believe that it's 2011!  When I was in elementary school the 2000's seemed so far away, almost unimaginable. And now we're in the teens of the 2000's (if that makes any sense).  I'm not a fan of New Year's Resolutions because I feel like they will never be kept or by June I will have forgotten all about them.  So I look at the new year as an opportunity to refocus and refresh.

It's funny because I always feel like it's a new year when Mister heads to training camp.  Kinda like how children start a new year when school starts.  But I try not to always deal with life in football terms, although it dictates so much of our lives right now.  When I think back to NYE 2009, 2010 was not exactly what I thought it would be.  So here's how I plan to remember 1/1/11.....it's the day that I "hit the REFRESH" button on my perspective and really start to REFOCUS my priorities.

Last night I wasn't feeling well so everything that I would normally do on NYE had to wait until today.  So tonight I cooked dinner and while eating dinner Mister, Neish, and I shared how we planned to refresh and refocus in the new year.  And after we toasted with some sparkling grape juice in hopes of holding each other accountable and when we're reviewing this year (2011) next NYE having made some bold steps in a new direction.

I hope to really grow deeper in my spiritual relationship, give back more than I take away, embody the Proverbs 31 woman for my husband and my family, and enjoy this thing called life!  So here's to a healthy and prosperous 2011!!!!  
post signature

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS