Friday, September 26, 2008

Bringing You Up To Speed!

It's been a whole week since I've had time to sit down a blog about how chaotic my week has been. This week has been so crazy because I left Dallas late after the wedding...therefore I got home late Sunday night. I never had time to sit down and catch my breath. So....recap of last weekend, the wedding was absolutely beautiful. I had flashbacks of our special day just 3 months ago! As for the Texans loss to the Titans....I would rather not comment. But I will face the critics....the news media here is not happy with the Texans' performance. They are ready for a new quarterback and maybe even a new coach. I, fortunately, did not get to see the game (Mister forgot to set the DVR) but I've heard all about how it was just a disaster.

Mister came home with a thigh contusion (deep bruise) and has been hopping around here like a little kangaroo. He's been going in early all this week to have it treated and it looks like he's a go for Sunday's game against the Jaguars. Speaking of Jacksonville, we are way over due for a home game. Which brings me to, Tuesday Mister and I along with some of his teammates, their wives, and the Texans organization went to work in the Houston Food Bank. It was a welcomed distraction to the chaotic start of my week as well as Hurricane Ike. We had a lot of fun....check out our interviews with fellow runningback Darius Walker. http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=2582&play_clip=Y

The team announced today that the stadium will be ready for next week's home opener! Hooray! With Mister traveling for the last two weeks and the hurricane the week before that...it has gotten a little hectic around here.

The little bit of me that you've all been waiting for.....drum roll please! I'm starting a new job....yes, I'm putting down my corporate job to take a job in criminal justice. I am really excited, back when I was in Kentucky I interned at the local D.A.'s office and loved it...so I'm headed back to the public sector. Something else that is on my calendar for next week is I'm walking/running in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure with the Texans. I am really excited about this as well....my Aunt Karen is a breast cancer survivor and I am excited to honor her by walking/running in the race with other breast cancer survivors and women period! I encourage all of you to support and celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness during the month of October.

Hopefully this week will be a little calmer....and I can blog again before next Friday. We'll see! Cross your fingers that Mister comes home with a win on Sunday.....he's desperate for one! I am too, they need a little momentum to bring to the city for the home opener. Hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful week!

P.S. - Just another way that both men and women can participate in Breast Cancer Awareness Month http://www.denimday.com/?sourceCode=lee.com

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS