Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back To The Bottom Of The Map!

Ok.....this one may be a little emotional! Where do I start? Mister and his teammates have already left and gone to New Orleans for this weekend's game. I, on the other hand, have gone back and forth on if I wanted to go. Why, I kept asking myself, am I so nervous to go see my husband play a game in a city that I "knew" so well! Well that's just it....I haven't been back to New Orleans since "Katrina"

Let's rewind and then fast forward at the same time. As many of you know, I went to Dillard University in New Orleans for the first 2 years of undergrad experience. I have so many fond memories of the city, the school, the people, and the food. Unfortunately, I know that the city of New Orleans that I knew will never be the same. While I was in New Orleans in school I had an older cousin who lived in the N.O. and worked at Dillard, but he died this past December. So while I'm a little nervous to see what type of negative effects the hurricane left on the city, I am anxious to see Mister play again!

When Mister got there, I kept asking him what did the city look like and all of these different questions. He of course didn't know! He never saw it before all of the disaster struck! Shewt, he can't even pronounce the street names and suburban city names. I may not know either because I didn't see it right after the hurricane. So, now that it's been 4 years since I left and 3 years since Katrina i'm going to see the Texans beat the Saints and just how far the city has come. I hope that it still has that vibrant spirit and loud streets, but I'm not going to set any expectations. As for Mister and his teammates, they better come home with a win....they don't have any excuses!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS