Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tired and Crazy

This weekend was lots of fun but I'm exhausted!  My sister and I went to Dallas for our little God brother's birthday party and to hang out with some friends and family.  It's always so hard for us to visit Dallas because there are so many people we would like to see, but there's never enough time.  Between friends and family we always miss seeing someone.We leave super "whooped" from staying up so late just hanging out and talking!  But it's so much fun ;)

Usually sometime during the off season the Mister and I make a trip to Dallas just to hang out and we still don't see everyone.  This past off season we stopped through there on our way home from Memphis (yes, we drove!) but ironically it was Drew's older brother's birthday weekend.

So, Friday Neish and I ventured out and sat in good old Houston traffic as we traveled up I-45 North.  The trek from Houston to Dallas is usually 4 hours door to door, but we never make it on time.  On the way we always stop in the country to visit our Grandmother.  We got to the country at 6:30 just in time to eat dinner with her.  Thank goodness her little city is right off the freeway and not way back in the woods!

Friday night after dinner with her flew to Dallas to see my best friend Sheramie and her new little guy Jaxon.  I was so excited to meet him and he's sooo cute!  Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures...I had no idea were the camera was in the car! We just sat and talked and laughed...it was so much fun.  Sheramie's little sister Whitney is the same age as my sister and we've known them for 15 years!  I can't believe it's been that long.  Neish and I didn't leave there until 1:30 a.m.

Then Saturday was the day of the party and we were already exhausted and the excitement hadn't even started.  This was Drew's 5th birthday and his party was at Cowboys' Stadium!  He's a huge football fan...and I can't blame him ;)  A little guy after my own heart!  At 2:45 all of his guys started arriving along with thousands of Cowboy fans.  The exciting part was the Cowboys were actually having an open practice.  So we toured the stadium, ate pizza and cake, and watched practice from a suite and on the field.  Talk about a 5 year old Cowboy fan's dream!  It was a lot of fun...and it lasted for 5 hours.  When we got back to the hotel I fell out!

This morning Neish and I met our cousin Brandi for brunch at a Dallas favorite, Breadwinners.  It was really nice to catch up with her.  We haven't seen her since December...so it was fun just to chat with her over  blueberry muffins and orange juice.  It was so hot in Dallas I felt like my moisturizer was melting like butter on my face.  By the time we were done having our girl talk it was 2 and Neish and I needed to hit the road.

We are so happy to be home again!  We had so much fun over the weekend but we're exhausted!  I wanted to get this out...and I'll add pics from the weekend in the morning.  Getting super excited that my boo is coming home soon ;)  Hope you  had a fabulous weekend as well!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS