Friday, August 20, 2010

New Recipe

Yesterday I was out grocery shopping with my mom, I usually go to the grocery store once a week.  I'm notorious for making a menu on Sunday that last through the week.  I was a little behind....because usually I do the shopping on Mondays.  Before I got to the grocery store I "stopped" by Target to pick up a few things and ended up staying for over an hour browsing.

By the time I got to the grocery store I was exhausted and ready to go home.  When we got to the store she and I split up the list, I had all of the dry goods and dairy and she had meat, produce, and bread.  Momma was planning to cook a roast with carrots and potatoes, cabbage, and cornbread....but I knew that would be all night.

On my way to meet her at the check out counter I walked past a Cooking Light magazine that had a chicken recipe on the cover that looked so good.  So, of course, I stopped and glanced over it and what do you know....it was a magazine full of 5 ingredient 15 minute recipes.  Poof....problem was solved I could get out of the store and dinner would be ready in no time!

It turned out really good and we had leftovers.....so I had to share the recipe with you!

Grilled Rosemary Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
cooking spray

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and add to bag; seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare grill.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.  Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.  Grill 3 minutes on each side or until done.  Serve with the Tomato-Avocado Salsa.

Tomato-Avocado Salsa
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 (2 ounces) crumbled reduced fat feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
1 ripe peeled avocado, chopped

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.  Add tomato halves, cheese, and avocado; toss gently. 


P.S. - If I find some pictures I'll be sure to post them!  I couldn't find any...not even on the Cooking Light website.




 post signature

1 comment:

Karneisha said...

It was excellent!!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS