Monday, August 2, 2010

Tuned In....But Really Tuned Out!

For some reason I cannot catch up on The Young and The Restless!  I have been watching the show since I was in 6th grade.  My Mom has always watched it but I started watching it with my best friend Sheramie. When we were in middle school her mom would tape them during the day and watch them at night.  Here it is 14 years later and I'm still watching....but barely!  I can't stand some the story lines...I despise some of the new characters....and I it barely keeps my attention now!  I find myself watch, trying to catch up and midway through an episode I think of something else that I need to do or browsing the internet while it's playing.  Which let's me know it's not as "good" as it used to be.  I don't like that fact that they've made so many of the story lines so dark!

 Through our Bible Study group we were challenged to take note of the TV shows that we watch that have gay/lesbian characters.  Some of our group has even so far as to stop watching the shows...and we've realized that the majority the shows that we all love (Grey's Anatomy, The Good Wife, etc.)  have introduced these types of characters!  As a Christian I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman....but how do you approach/discern what you watch as entertainment and what you take into your spirit?

 I realize that this is one of these "in the world but not of the world" conversations, but it got me thinking.  Maybe this is why I can't stay focused long enough to finish an episode of Y&R?  Maybe this is why I don't really care for the story lines?  I've just reached a point where it's so far out of line with what I believe that subconsciously I just tune it out.    

post signature

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS