Monday, August 16, 2010

A Warrior's Prayer

Heavenly Father,
Your warrior prepares for battle.
Today I claim victory over Satan by putting on 
the whole armor of God!

I put on the Girdle of Truth!
 May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word
so I will not be a victim of Satan's lies.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness!
May it guard my heart from evil
so I will remain pure and holy,
protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the Shoes of Peace!
May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel 
so Your peace will shine through me 
and be a light to all I encounter.

I take the Shield of Faith!
May I be ready for Satan's fiery darts of 
doubt, denial, and deceit
so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the Helmet of Salvation!
May I keep my mind focused on You
so Satan will not have a stronghold on my 
thoughts.

I take the Sword of the Spirit!
May the two-edged sword of Your Word
be ready in my hands
so I can expose the tempting words of Satan.

By faith your warrior has put on 
the whole armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory!

Amen

I woke up this morning needing this prayer for today and thought maybe someone else did too!  

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. -- Ephesians 6: 11-13
post signature

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS